This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- ACKTEC Technologies Pte. Ltd is the data controller of the personal information we collect about you (i.e., the entity that determines the means and purposes of collecting, using, and disclosing the personal information.
- We collect the personal information set out in the “What Information We Collect” section of this Privacy Notice below, including account registration details such as name and email, details of Content Offerings you undertake, survey information (where you provide it), identity verification data, and information about your use of our site and Services.
- We use your personal information for the purposes set out in the “How We Use the Information” section of this Privacy Notice below, including providing our site and Services to you, ensuring the security and performance of our site, conducting research relating to Content Offerings, sharing information with our Content Providers and our suppliers, direct marketing, and performing statistical analysis of the use of our site and Services.
- You have a number of rights that you can exercise in relation to our use of your personal information, as set out in the “Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information” section of this Privacy Notice below.
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, email address, phone number, country, education
- Cookies and usage data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send. We may use your Personal Data to contact you regarding important information that could impact your usage of KQwest and its related services (Critical Updates). Due to the nature of the Critical Updates, it is not possible to opt-out of these communications.
- Usage data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a computer or mobile device.
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Location data
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
- Tracking and Cookies data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Use of Data
ACKTEC Technologies Pte Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- For research into learning and/or teaching and/or on-line engagement (our team is always discovering and sharing the most effective ways of facilitating learning and teaching which is engaging)
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
For courses available for public enrolment via the https://www.kidskq.com/ or https://www.kiqs.co website or for accounts created through our Service’s publicly accessible account registration system, we do not address anyone under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 through the Marketplace. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
For courses where a User is enrolled or an account is created via an institution portal or a private enrolment processes, and where the User is in a private class, the Service supports Users who are at least 13 years of age but under 18 years of age (“Minor”) and provides the necessary tools to protect their privacy.
If you are a parent, legal guardian, school, approved teachers, facilitator, or third-party provider permitting a Minor to create an account and/or use our Service, you agree to:
- supervise the Minor’s use of the Service and their account;
- assume all risks associated with, and liabilities resulting from, the Minor’s use of the Service and their account;
- ensure that the courses that the Minor enrols in on our Service are suitable for the Minor;
- ensure all information submitted to us by the Minor is accurate; and